>News & Resources
- [Foreign Investment General] How does Korean government support foreign investors to invest in the Gaeseong Industrial Complex(GIC)?
As domestic companies do, you can get inter-Korean cooperation funds from the Ministry of Unification when you meet conditions required by the law.
For more information, please refer to the GIC Support Act
- [Foreign Investment General] What's the process for purchasing land and property in the complex?
LH Corporation, the developer, attained a 50 year land use right in 2004. The right is valid until April 12, 2054.
When you are allotted property, you can acquire, parcel out or transfer it. The KIDMAC is in charge of the preservation and registration of properties in the complex.
※ The market value for property comes to KRW 45,000/㎡ only when it's your first-time purchase, and you will be charged land use fee the next year after a decade from your contract date.
- [Foreign Investment General] Please explain about an apartment-type factory
- The KIDMAC owns an apartment-type factory and now plans to let foreign enterprises move in, too.
- ※ Security deposit: KRW 146,016.53/㎡, rental fee: KRW 5,840.65/㎡, contract year: one year
- [Passage & Customs] How long does it take for first-time visitors to get into the North?
- It takes more than two weeks from applying for a pass to entering the North. If there are national holidays in both the South and North Koreas during the process, you should apply for the pass in advance.
- [Passage & Customs] Is it possible for those with foreign nationalities to get a pass or a certificate for stay in the North?
- Yes. It's possible only when non-Koreans meet all requirements.
- ※ The procedure is the same as that for domestic applicants, but non-Korean applicants don't need to submit a proof of employment or to get their real names verified.
- [Passage & Customs] What are the certificates required for a visit to North Korea?
- You need a pass. It's kind of a one-off visa which allows you to stay for up to seven days in the district.
- ※ The pass fee: KRW 3,000
- You need a certificate for stay or residence. With the certificate, which ranges in length of visit from three months to one year and three years, you are allowed to freely enter or stay in the GIC.
- ※ Fee: USD 35 for a three-month stay, USD 100 for a one-year stay, and USD 200 for a three-year residence.
- [Passage & Customs] Where do I pick up a pass or certificate?
- You can pick it up on the day of your visit at the Dorasan Transit Office of GIDF in the Inter-Korean Transit Office.
- [Passage & Customs] Is it possible to renew the expiration date of my pass or certificate when my itinerary has changed?
- If you plan to change your schedule after your pass has already been registered and issued, you have to apply for a new pass.
- [Passage & Customs] What are the conditions for applying for a certificate for stay?
- When you plan to stay for at least three weeks and more than three or four days a week, you can apply.
- ※ Even though you do not meet the conditions but you need to get the certificate, you can consult with the KIDMAC
- [Passage & Customs] When is the deadline for submitting my entry plan?
- You have to submit your entry plan by 14:00 p.m. three days before your visit. But if any change occurs, for example due to national holidays, you will be notified of that change in advance.
- first list page
- preve page